In a coordinating partnership, SWTWC co-hosted a webinar with Advance Career and Technical Education (CTE) titled “Innovative Transportation, Distribution and Logistics (TDL) Partnerships Webinar” on February 24, 2016 in order to promote partnerships between educators and industry professionals in transportation, increase awareness of workforce development efforts in grades K-12, and disseminate information on how to implement similar efforts.
Anticipated Partnership Duration: November 2015 – February 2016
Timeline and Overview
In collecting education and training programs for SWTWC’s data clearinghouse, SWTWC Team Member Fran Beauman coordinated with Advance CTE in September 2015 to co-host a webinar featuring exemplary transportation-related curricula to increase the Center’s visibility and engage other educators to incorporate transportation into their curriculum.
Beauman confirmed the webinar’s featured programs and speakers with SWTWC Director Thomas O’Brien in January 2016, and SWTWC co-hosted the webinar titled on “Innovative Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Partnerships Webinar” on February 24, 2016.
The webinar featured teachers, administrators, and industry partners who provided insights and best practices from innovative education programs and teaching models for students in grades 6 to 12 when delivering transportation-related curricula.
- Webinar co-hosted by SWTWC on February 24, 2016 titled “Innovative Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Partnerships”
- Coordinating partnership included:
- Moderator: Andrea Zimmermann, State Policy Associate for Advance Career and Technical Education (CTE);
- Speaker: Nicole Martin, Senior Program Manager for The International Trade Academy at Phineas Banning High School in California;
- Speaker: Mike Shallenberger, Transportation Engineering Teacher for the STEM School and Academy in Highlands Ranch, Colorado; and
- Speaker: Sara Quintana, Aerospace Engineering and Robotics Teacher at the Rancho High School Aviation Magnet Academy in Nevada.
- The webinar had 153 registrants, 85 live attendees, and 65 YouTube video views.
This webinar was conducted as part of SWTWC’s outreach efforts to promote partnerships between educators and industry professionals in transportation, increase awareness of workforce development efforts in grades K-12, and disseminate information on how to implement similar efforts.
The webinar was strategically co-hosted with Advance CTE in order to increase the Center’s visibility and engage stakeholders in grades K-12 to further identify education and training programs in the continuum area of grades K-12. The webinar also promoted Advance CTE, International Trade and Education Programs (ITEP), STEM School and Academy, and Rancho High School Aviation Academy as innovative and forward-thinking programs to industry stakeholders.
- SWTWC developed the webinar’s program, and took lead in promoting the webinar among stakeholders.
- SWTWC coordinated speakers, practice sessions, and handled all technical aspects of hosting the webinar online.
- SWTWC took lead in recording and archiving the webinar on the Center’s website.
- SWTWC also documented all technical data metrics; e.g. registrants, attendees, and video views.
SWTWC. (2015, February 24). Innovative transportation, distribution and logistics partnerships. [YouTube]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/xA0XKgy69NA.
SWTWC. (2016). Webinar recording: Innovative transportation, distribution and logistics partnership. Retrieved from http://www.swtwc.org/itdlp-webinar/.